Warning: This site contains the occasional swear word. If that offends you then I don't know what to tell you. I hate censorship. But hey, you might like the site anyway, so try it out. Also, there will be more stuff here soon. Genius takes time, kids. -Panda

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

SR Modern

What is this?
My attempt at making the Safeword loft apartments from Saints Row the Third. It took me a full week to make this. It's pretty crazy. There is a lot of purple, so if you hate purple then GTFO. Or just, you know, change the purple to a color you do like. Orange, perhaps? Whatever makes you happy.

After making this I'm tempted to make Kinzi's Warehouse too. If I do I'll upload it here.


Why it's a house and not an apartment like those in Bridgeport
The problem was I needed to work with base game items. Even if I did use Late Night building shells, everyone knows that Late Night apartments are damned small. Ridiculously small. There's not even one single large apartment building shell. Not one. The biggest is Beau Merrick's apartment, and it wasn't nearly big enough for this project. Don't get me started complaining about Bridgeport's building sizes. So, I also didn't want to use custom fan shells. I wanted to keep it all base game only, right? My decision was to make a modern house just like those in Starlight Shores for the exterior. I can't get enough of houses like The Modern Marvel, so that's what the exterior is patterned after. So this house will look excellent in Starlight Shores, but of course you can put it in any hood you want.


Creative liberties
Obviously the base game doesn't have all of the Saints Row decor items  and wallpaper patterns to make it look exact, so I had to improvise like crazy. Did you know that the base game doesn't even have a single empty decorative vase? Not even one! OH GOD WHY?! There are places on the walls where there were huge pieces of artwork in the game, or sheets of metal, and I did the best I could with wallpaper to make it look like something is there. I think it looks good anyway, but my god, The Sims 3 team members really don't know what shiny metal looks like.

TS3 also only allows 5 stories so I had to improvise on height too. I'm aware of the cheats for this, but I tried a few things and ended up liking this way the best. Below the download button on this post I'll link you to my post about some things you can do to make it look even more like the apartments in SRtT. Don't get me wrong, it looks great as-is and is fully furnished. You don't need anything else besides the base game to use this house. But if you have any expansion packs (especially Late Night or Showtime) you may want to spice it up even more, so I'll give you some tips for what I did to change it up.


What's special about this crib
  • The lot is 40x40. It's 1 bedroom and 1 bath, both huge. 
  • Helicopter landing pad on the roof. I'm sure they're going to make a helicopter for this game eventually, considering there was one in TS2. They had better! *shakes fist* Also, there are free CC decorative helicopters for TS3 I just found out. Google for them if you hate balloons or just want an actual helicopter on the landing pad. 
  • The purple! Purple everywhere!
  • 2 car garage for your fancy sports cars. I've included the Margaret Vaguester and the Vorn P328, both pimped out to match the house. 
  • This house is made for huge parties. There are 3 TVs, a million chairs, 3 dance platform areas, a massive bar, 2 foosball tables, and some bookshelves upstairs for the bookish types who hate being dragged to parties and want to hide out somewhere and learn about aquatic chemistry concepts. 
  • It has a Saints Gnome. Hahaha. Eh. 
  • It's tacky and fun!

Download
Get SR Modern
I am testing to see if fountains work in the base game. If you only have the base game and you've downloaded this let me know if this lot installs for you. If it doesn't I will remove the fountain from this lot and everything should work fine, but I need someone to tell me. This is a big lot and required a lot of usage of cheats, so tell me if there are any problems at all. Thanks. 
Revamp tips for SR Modern <- Go here if you want to see what I did with it after making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment